Sooner or later, the question of how to be successful in your career becomes unavoidable. Recent studies show that the most successful people have a lot of good habits which support their success. This is a particularly interesting range of findings, because these habits are based on very strong business skills which can decorate any good written resume.
“Good habits” in this context are directly related to quite advanced skills. If you look at these good habits as a skill set in themselves, you will see that the people with these skills have turned best business practice into routine behavior.
In the science of behaviorism, core behaviors are used as behavioral profiles. These “good habits” create very interesting candidate profiles indeed.
Defining the good habits that lead to success
Several good habits have been identified which are the hallmarks of success:
- Positive perspectives – One of the most important good habits is maintaining a view of the most positive aspects of a situation or range of issues. People with positive perspectives aren’t just optimists; they’re looking for benefits and beneficial outcomes. These are the people who look for the best results, and often find them.
- Objectivity – Some of the most successful people in the world are good planners. They create high value objectives, and achieve them. This very high level of objectivity allows in-depth planning and long-term planning.
- Appropriate prioritization of targets and activities – Getting things done and putting proper priority on managing situations are the core business skills. It’s also a primary skill set in senior management. The most successful people make a habit of correctly handling and managing their businesses like reflex actions.
- Creating mutually positive environments with business partners –This is a real art form, and a real necessity. The legendary “Win-win” mentality is always successful. This is not an avoidable skill for successful people; it’s an absolute must-have.
- Excellent communications skills and communications instincts – Communication skills may be taken to be absolutely essential in any form of business. Communications instincts, however, make the difference between the real experts and the herd. Knowing how to communicate and being sensitive while communicating improves understanding between parties.
- Creating high value collaborations –This is a leadership skill, but there is a lot more to it than simply giving the orders. Creating synergistic relationships is not necessarily easy. Recognizing when these synergies are required and making them flourish is also not necessarily straightforward. Highly successful people typically create excellent synergistic relationships so regularly that it really could be called a habit.
- Personal development – It can’t be a coincidence that most of the world’s most successful people have a habit of personal development. This type of development may range from yoga to quite external hobbies and achievements, but the personal development aspect is universal among successful people.
Images are taken from: weightlossquicktips.net, gstatic.com, pinimg.com.
If you want to have a successful career, your habits will define your success can be part of your success. If you’d like more information about the habits of successful people, see this link.