Looking for a professional template to impress your employer? Check ours right now! To complement it, you might want to review our safety manager cover letter as well.
John D. “Dan” Bell | ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER
1705 Pinewood Lane, Fultondale, AL 35068 • (205) 849-2127 (home) • (205) 602-0941 (cell) • email@example.com
Conceiving, developing and executing the strategies and initiatives that drive revenues, growth, competitive market positioning, profits and shareholder value are what I do best!
- Accomplished managerial level professional with 20+ years of experience as an Environmental, Health & Safety specialist for industry-leading organizations. Maintain highest quality standard to avoid time and cost expenditures. Quality & Safety specialist with the ability to analyse operations, pinpoint areas for improvement and redesign, and implement plans that generate profitable results. BS in Mechanical Engineering.
- Excellent relationship builder with success in forming strong, suitable relationship and securing consensus among cross-functional team members for key initiatives. Effective communicator and leader.
- Trained in motivating and managing technical and non-technical teams to achieve targeted goals. Consistently obtained high performance by sensing the proper course of action, determining the appropriate resources, implementing and achieving.
- OSHA, EPA, and DOT regulatory requirements Confined Space Entry
- Lockout/Tag Out
- Hazardous/Non-Hazardous Waste Air Permitting
- Waste Water /Storm Water permitting Superfund Authorization
- Recovery Act (Tier II and Form R reporting)
- Department of Transportation Hazardous Materials
- Department of Transportation Hazardous Materials Security regulations
- Hazardous Communication Emergency Action Plans
- Compliance plans formulation Employee training conducting Job procedures writing
- Compliance monitoring
- Compliance audits conducting Reporting
Hornsby Steel Inc. – Cleveland, AL2015-PresentHornsby Steel Inc. supply steel that is curved or bent for structural and industrial fabricators.
- Compliance Management: Advised management regarding the recycling of waste materials.
- Program implementation: Determined the applicability of air emission regulations for a metal fabrication facility.
- Liaison and representation: Prepared and submitted application for National Pollutant Discharge Elimination
System (NPDES) stormwater permit.
Implemented Best Management Practices Plan (BMP) as required for NPDES stormwater permit. Trained employees in methods of pollution prevention.
- Emerson Fabrication – Oneonta, AL 2012-Present
Emerson Fabrication is a general steel fabricators of carbon and stainless steel products for the water/ waste water treatment, paper mills, power plants, schools, and warehouses.
- Developed and managed EPA and DOT compliance program for three locations. Wrote job procedures, conducted employee training, conducted inspections and internal audits.
- Program Implementation: Implemented an EPA required hazardous waste program for a large quantity generator of hazardous waste. Wrote job procedures for employees handling hazardous waste.
- Program Development: Developed a DOT compliant program for the shipping of hazardous waste.
- Auditing: Conducted OSHA and EPA audits.
- Environmental Permit Management: Managed air permit for painting operations.
- Program Implementation: Implemented an EPA required national air emission control program for welding and sand blasting operations for a metal fabrication facility.
CORPORATE COMPLIANCE MANAGER
- Managed EPA, OSHA, Department of Homeland Security, and DOT compliance programs for five chemical distribution facilities. Obtained necessary air, storm water, hazardous waste, and waste transporter permits. Conducted employee training, inspections, audits, record keeping, and reporting.
- Health & Safety Program Development: Developed a Health and Safety program that included developing written procedures, training, inspections, and auditing. Implemented OSHA programs such as hazardous communication, confined space entry, lockout tag out, and emergency action plan.
- Emergency Programs Implementation: Managed OSHA 300 logs, including incident rates to compare to industry average.
- Training: Conducted employee training and fire drills.
- Hazardous Plan Implementation: Implemented a Department of Transportation Hazardous Materials Security Plan.
- Environmental Permit Management Managed air permit for each facility’s solvent storage tank farm
- Reporting and Facility Management: Prepared and submitted SARA Title III reports (Tier II and Form R’s) for five operating facilities.
Reduced the incident rate by investigating root cause of injuries; purchasing new equipment; implementing work procedures; and conducting training.
- Cooper Tools, Nicholson Operation – Cullman, AL – 1999-2002
- ENVIRONMENTAL COORDINATOR | MANUFACTURING ENGINEER Dexter Fortson Associates Inc. – Hueytown, AL – 1997-1999
- TELEMETRY INSTALLATION MANAGER | ESTIMATOR Koppers Industries Inc., Woodward Coke – Dolomite, AL – 1994-1997
- ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGER Sloss Industries Inc. Coke Plant – Birmingham, AL – 1985-1994
- PLANT PROJECT ENGINEER | PROJECT ENGINEER OF SAFETY, HEALTH, AND ENVIRONMENTAL AFFAIRS
- OSHA: General Industry Training – 30 Hours • Training Hazwoper – 40 Hours
- DOT Hazardous Material Advanced Training
- RCRA (Hazardous Waste) Training
- EPA Method 9 Certification
- Academic Qualification
- BS in Mechanical Engineering – UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA, Birmingham, AL | graduated