Wal-Mart Employee Benefit Plans
Like every other company, Wal-Mart also offers excellent incentives and benefits to its employees along with the excellent salary packages. Apart from the salaries, the job satisfaction factor is another thing which gives rise to the high level of employee loyalty. One of the best things about working for a huge retailer like Wal-Mart is that they offer a very competitive benefit package when you have a job at Wal-Mart and are famous for rewarding their associates as much as they can. After becoming an employee of the company, you can avail various rewards and benefits that Wal-Mart offers for its employees. These benefits are divided into two main categories: Financial benefits and Health/Safety benefits
Financial Benefits at Wal-Mart
There are several employee benefit schemes at Wal-Mart and it is practically impossible to list them down here. However, some of the benefits that the employees at Wal-Mart can enjoy are having been listed down in the list below:
- Wal-Mart offers paid holidays for its associates.
- Wal-Mart offers special discounts to its associates for different Wal-Mart items.
- 10% discount on fruits, vegetables, and other grocery items for Wal-Mart associates.
- Associate profit sharing scheme offered by Wal-Mart for its employees.
- Wal-Mart offers excellent associate’s participation in the Associate Stock Purchase Program without any brokerage charges.
- Wal-Mart employees can also avail more than 250 discounts offered for employees on the ‘associate-only’ website of Wal-Mart.
- Wal-Mart also offers discount on opera and movie tickets, memberships for fitness clubs, sports clubs and other entertainment stuff.
- Associate membership for Sam’s club is offered to all the associates of Wal-Mart at very reasonable rates.
Health and Safety Benefits at Wal-Mart
Out of several health and safety benefits, some are as follows:
- Each Wal-Mart associate is eligible of the Wal-Mart health coverage at the cost of from $5 to $8 per month for him/herself and the family.
- Wal-Mart offers a health coverage plan for all of its employees.
- Wal-Mart employees get general medications for prescribed drugs for all cardiac and diabetes diseases.
- Other health insurances include dental insurance plan, accident insurance plan, critical illness plan, life insurance plans, disability coverage plans, etc.
- Free health advice for all Wal-Mart associate.
- Annual check-ups for all Wal-Mart associates.
- Immunizations for the family.
- Special maternity program is offered to the female employees at Wal-Mart from pre-conception to early child development.
- Performance based bonus program for each branch of the store. Employees who spend more than 20 years are also eligible for bonuses.
All these benefits make Wal-Mart a great place to work at!