A tricky subject is employer’s question about you salary requirement, but it is the one that helps a recruiter to make a choice and select the best candidate, who will be both “cheap” and professional. You will be mistaken if you think that HR department makes up conclusion only on the sum you declare. More often this desired rate is compared with your work experience, reputation of the companies you’ve worked before, your achievements and how broaden your skills set is, and only after thoughtful evaluation of these factors, an employer judges on how your ambitions correspond your professional value. Salary history is another good source of information for a recruiter, because in view of promotions, their frequency and overall career raise, good analyst can make prediction about your work style and career growth. Resume Writing Service cooperates with recruiters and former employers, therefore we know how to deal with salary requests and are eager to share with you some observations and determine the main factors that influence on your salary range.
Resume Writing Service knows the main impacts on your salary
- The industry you’re about to work in. Each scope of activity has its own permanent salary range. Even applying for identical positions in accounting department, for instance, a salary you can be offered will differ greatly in manufacturing and publishing companies. Resume Writing Service advises you to visit miscellaneous economic portals reflecting impartial level of income assessment to know what sum to expect.
- Average salary for your career path. Making a little research on how much people in similar positions get will be very useful: you can use websites for jobseekers for this purpose or monitor posted vacancies and their offers.
- Competition. Job-seekers should be familiarized with some economic law of supply and demand, in compliance to which, you should always refer to the number of job-seekers with equal skills applying to one position. The fewer experts in your scope exist, the higher salary you can demand.
- Company’s location. Cost of living and average salaries differ greatly from one coast to another, so always take into account desired location and the cost of living there.
- Compensation package. Resume Writing Service asks you to be careful in vacancy choice and always consider such thing as compensation package. Social package is your guarantee of safe future even if your salary is a bit lower than desired. If you are guaranteed to be taken to and out of work, free lunches and some extra bonuses, lower salary won’t become a shortcoming.