First Features of the Latest CV Writing Format 2012
First, before writing a CV, one should determine the job search objective. When you determine your objective, you now know what to include in the CV writing. This is important because if you don’t have as a clear goal then your CV will be obscure and the readers will be confused.
Second, you should mindset that your CV in 2012 is a marketing tool and you are the main product. Therefore, if we are talking about sales, you should sell yourself well in your resume. Your customers here are the hiring officers or the potential employers. In a product, the most important marketing instruments are the features and the benefits. Be sure that your CV has these contents. Determine what your best features are and what the benefits they can get if they hire you. Another characteristic of a good product is its uniqueness. The most salable commodity is the most unusual one. Make sure that your resume content will be as unique as possible in compare to other CVs.
Now, here are the top 5 features that a CV should have (updated for 2012 Job searchers):
- Avoid including your middle name or initial. This is for the purpose of easy recognition and recall.
- One telephone number will do. This is so that the HR officer will not be confused and you can be called immediately.
- CV should not be longer than 2 pages. If you are just a beginner, one page will do, but if you are a professional changing career and you have a lot of experiences, it should be on two pages—with your name also printed at the top of the 2nd page.
- Your name should be in bold letters and it should be larger than the body. Your details, however, such as address, telephone numbers and email address should not be in bold letters and it should not be any larger.
- The font size should not be more than 12 points and its font style should be Arial or Times New Roman (this is for easy reading).
However, if you want to be totally sure about your resume, you should invest for it: avail a resume writing service. They have a group of professional CV writer who can help you with writing a CV. In the resume writing service, a resume writer will help you achieve your goals by assisting you with the most updated and the most marketable resume writing today. A CV writer will also help you find some of the best job vacancies in town. It’s the main duty of a resume writer to make sure that you land the job of your dream in no time.